Yolanda Cash Jackson is an experienced Government Law attorney who has established a strong reputation in the community for her leadership and commitment to civic, charitable and professional organizations. She concentrates her practice in the area of Governmental Relations and has developed a proficiency in state government funding and appropriations. Ms. Jackson has excellent working relationships with several of the state's leading elected officials and policymakers.
Activities & Memberships
In 2010, Ms. Jackson was elected to Becker & Poliakoff's Management Committee. Ms. Jackson was selected in 2009 to serve on the University of Florida, Alumni Outreach Committee. She is also an active member of the Orange Bowl Committee, The Carrie Meek Foundation, the Greater Miami Chapter of the Links, Inc., the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce (Chair-State Advocacy Committee). Ms. Jackson is a member of the United States Senate Military Affairs Committee where she served on the Service Academy Nominating Board to screen and recommends applicants to West Point, Annapolis, the U.S. Marine Academy, and U.S. Air Force Academy. Ms. Jackson is also very involved in local politics having managed the successful State Senate campaign for Senator Kendrick Meek.
Ms. Jackson served as General Counsel to the NAACP - Miami Dade Branch where she was also a member of the Executive Committee. She was chosen to participate in Leadership Florida, a highly selective, statewide leadership training program, as a member of Class XIX (2000-2001).
Yolanda Cash Jackson was the Keynote Speaker at the 2010 Women's History Month Celebration "Rosa Parks Day". In addition, Ms. Jackson was Guest Speaker and also served as Moderator for the Legislative Debate Panel at the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Monthly Legislative Meeting. She also had the opportunity to speak at Barry University - Dept of Communications and at the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc event Honoring High School Students regarding Education and Achievement. During the 2010 Legislative Session, Yolanda Cash Jackson met with Students from Broward County who were visiting and touring the State Capitol.
Honors and Awards
- Appointed to the Florida Bar standing committee on Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy
- Appointed by The Links, Incorporated to serve as Member, Legislative Issues and Public Affairs Committee.
- Gertrude Rush Award 2016
- Honored by the Lauderhill Regional Chamber of Commerce Woman of Distinction for 2015
- Women of a New Tribe: Miami Icons - Miami-Dade County Black Affairs Advisory Board and the Commission for Women
- Women Who Make a Difference Award - Junior League of Miami
- Keynote Speaker at the University of Florida Annual Association of Black Alumni weekend
- Broward Black Elected Officials Community Service Award
- ICABA Recognition Honoree Award; one of the 100 Most Accomplished Blacks in Law in South Florida
- Only attorney selected to write the foreword for the publication and speak at the VIP event
- Community Leader of the Year
- Florida Legal Elite featured in Trend Magazine
- Distinguished African American Women with Vision, Dare and Care by Les Bonnes Amies Club
- Woman to Watch by the Sun Post Magazine
- In the Company of Women 2007 award presented by Miami-Dade County Commission on the Status of Women
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division of Governors Government Affairs symposium in 2007
- Jessie Trice Hero Award 2004