Mr. Strop is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar and is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. Mr. Strop has successfully represented clients from all parts of the construction industry in State and Federal Courts, including multinational General Contractors, Multinational Sureties, large-scale real estate developers, subcontractors, suppliers, manufacturers, professionals, consultants, insurers and property owners.
Mr. Strop has:
- Defended large multinational General Contractors in actions with exposure in excess of $50,000,000.00.
- Represented large sureties in construction defect lawsuits with in excess of $40,000,000.00 in exposure.
- Represented a large multinational surety in a $20,000,000.00 performance bond claim which resulted in a complete discharge of liability under the bond in exchange for no payment or other consideration on the part of the surety.
- Successfully defended Florida construction lawyers against legal malpractice claims.
- Successfully defended multiple appeals, including the dismissal of a multi-million dollar claim in a surety dispute (through the Appellate and Petition for Writ of Certiorari phases), and the successful defense of a covenant not to compete).
- Obtained favorable final summary judgments for clients in a variety of commercial litigation matters.