Mr. Levine is a shareholder in the firm and chairs the Firm's statewide Business Litigation Practice Group. He is AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rated (the highest level attainable) by Martindale Hubbell, and has extensive trial and appellate experience having practiced in Florida since 1981.
Mr. Levine’s litigation experience includes:
- Business and Contract litigation
- Condominium Hotel disputes
- Hotel acquisition and hotel management transition
- Commercial foreclosures and workouts
- Real estate litigation
- Title insurance claims
- Disputes relating to land acquisition, title, easement rights
- Construction liens and payment bond claims
Mr. Levine has experience assisting buyers in acquiring traditional Hotels and Condominium Hotels, is experienced in hotel management transition, including financial issues related to employee severance, vacation pay, bonuses, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) notices, and union collective bargaining agreements.
Mr. Levine has experience regarding challenges to the Condominium Hotel development scheme, allocation of expenses between the Hotel Owner and the Condominium Association and disputes related to maintenance and operation of the Shared Facilities.
Mr. Levine has considerable experience regarding violations of:
- The Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act (ILSA) and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations interpreting ILSA,
- The Condominium Act,
- The Homeowners Association Act,
- Real Estate Tax Disclosure requirements, and
- Community Development District disclosure requirements.
Mr. Levine also has significant experience litigating shareholder and partner disputes, non-competition agreements, and tortious interference with advantageous business relationship claims; Condominium and Homeowner’s Association board control disputes; wrongful death, products liability, auto negligence, and personal injury lawsuits.